Castlegate Dental Centre is committed to providing our patients with the most state of the art and innovative treatments, which is why our team of highly trained professionals are so delighted to be able to offer advanced treatment using the CBCT (Cone Beam Computed Tomography) scanner, a state of the art scanning machine able to produce incredible 3D images.
What is a CBCT scanner?
A CBCT scanner is a 3-D x-ray machine (normally found in hospitals), which is capable of producing incredibly detailed images. A CBCT scanner uses very low doses of radiation to produce amazing 3D images of the teeth and the surrounding structures. Unlike traditional X-rays, CBCT scanners can distinguish between different types of tissue and this enables the dentist to see structures in and around the mouth in greater detail.
What are the benefits of a CBCT scanner?
• The scanner produces incredibly accurate and detailed images, which are extremely beneficial during the detection and diagnosis of oral health problems and structural abnormalities.
• Scanned images can be used to monitor the efficacy of treatment and can also aid in the planning of treatment.
• Dentists can use the detailed images to talk openly to patients about oral health conditions and more easily explain how treatment will work.
• CBCT scanners also improve accuracy and reduce the risk of mistakes, as they provide incredibly detailed images and allow dentists to assess the risk of a procedure or course of treatment.
What are CBCT scanners used for?
• Dental implant planning and placement
• Diagnosis and detection of infections and tumours
• Oral surgery
• TMJ (temporomandibular joint disorder) diagnosis and evaluation
• Complex endodontic cases
• Orthodontic treatment
• Periodontal disease
If you have an emergency contact the practice on 01904 653 284 and our team will help you. Out of hours during weekends and weekday evenings we operate an emergency on call system, and you will be directed to the appropriate care.